Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why I Decided to Create My Own Investment Blog

I have been doing investing myself since year 2000 when I was still a student studying in National University of Singapore. There have been many moments of losses mixed with moments of gain. I have witnessed the panic selling after 9/11, as well as how the SARS impacted Singapore's economy. Most importantly, I have appreciated the complexities and entanglements between a rational mind and human emotions, and the impact it has on making investment decisions

My Gains and Losses: Graduating from the School of Value Investing
My losses are like 'school fees' paid for lifelong lessons in investment and valuing businesses. The point of 'graduation' came last year when I felt I have acquired immense confidence to apply value investing principles with a significant level of success, and it occurred to me on the importance of crystallizing the principles and paradigms of thought in a clear and explicit manner in the form of articles.

The Purpose of this Blog
This blog articulates my framework of investing and freely shares with all readers my investment knowledge. For non-starters, this blog will equip them with the basic knowledge on how they can take on investing by themselves. In addition, there will be specific references and sharings of analysis of a few companies.

I have gained immensely from the wisdom of the forefathers of value investing, and I hope you will be able to learn as much from what I have to share. Watch me as I rigorously apply the principles of value investing and achieve annual returns that consistently outperform the market and exceed the performance of the professional fund managers

No comments: